25 THINGS ABOUT ME
I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for 5+ years & I’ve never done a more elaborate “About Me” post! I noticed that a lot of bloggers are sharing facts about themselves on Instagram, because connecting with your readers at a more personal level is what social media is all about nowadays. Before you read on, how cute is this striped top? It’s not on sale (yet), but if you read my last post here, I share plenty of tips & tricks on how to save money while shopping. Alright, les do this…
- Believe it or not, my last name is not Wears!
- I work full-time! My blog is just a side gig. I’ve worked in business & technology consulting since I graduated, so for about 7+ years. As different as these two worlds may seem (technology & fashion blogging), they overlap quite a bit. My consulting mindset & technical background has really helped me expand this blog.
- I currently live in California but I was born & raised in Boston. I moved to CA in 2015 because I’ve always wanted to live here & I was determined to make my dream come true. Even though I love California, something tells me I’ll end up back on the east coast.
- I hate wearing jeans. I find them so uncomfortable & restrictive!
- I was a Math major. #nerdalert Do I ever use my Math skills? Nope.. only when splitting the bill with friends, which I can figure out in .25 seconds.
- I used to be addicted to chewing gum. Like, I’m talking a pack a day! Whole30 stopped my obsession, thank gosh.
- I’m blind as a bat. I’ve worn glasses since elementary school & it sucks.
- I love candy. If I could, I would eat jellybeans all day, ‘err day.
- My favorite color is lime green. My college dorm was decorated in nothing but hot pink & lime green.
- I’m an Aries: determined, impatient, confident & moody. Sounds about right.
- I’ve never reached out to a company to collaborate on my blog. Crazy, right?
- Skydiving is on my bucket list. I crossed “riding a horse” off my bucket list last year & I gotta say, I was more scared than I was exciting riding that thing.
- I love my Mom! She’s my best friend (& my blog’s photog when I lived in Boston).
- I’ve never broken a bone! I’ve only been to the hospital once & that’s because I swallowed a paperclip in 7th grade.
- I really want a Bull Terrier pup.
- I have 2.5 tattoos. I’m in the process of removing one.
- I’ve traveled a lot but Hawaii still has my heart. I’ve been to Paris 4 times & to be honest, I don’t really like it.
- I’m 75% Scandinavian! 25% Italian. My mom was born in Finland. I love our Scandinavian roots.
- I was a pescetarian for 12+ years. I still am, but consider myself more plant-based & try to eat fewer animal products.
- I grew up wanting to be a whale trainer at SeaWorld! #goals
- I’m extremely driven but not very organized. I don’t take notes or use a planner, ever.
- I have trouble pronouncing the word “breakfast.”
- I’m an early bird & love my sleep. I aim for 8 hours a night & usually wake up around 6 AM.
- I prefer my Pinot Noir chilled, aka ice cubes.
- I don’t like tomatoes. I went through a phase when I was younger where I didn’t eat anything with tomatoes – spaghetti, lasagna, pasta, pizza. That phase has ended, but I still don’t love tomatoes.
That’s all, folks! I’d love to hear more about YOU. Until then, shop my look by clicking on the images below.