I shot this dress with Alisha a few weeks ago in preparations for the holidays but then I blinked & the holidays were over, so, that’s that.
Today is New Year’s Eve (gah!) & I love wrapping up the year by reflecting on all that has happened in 12 months. 2018 was crazy & to be honest, I am ready to see it go.. only because 2019 is going to be even better!
A few highlights from 2018:
- I started off this year moving back to California after a short stint in Raleigh. Read how I felt about it here.
- My blog shifted focus & I started writing relatable content rather than blogging about my #OOTD. A few of my favorite posts this year were: How to Save Money While You Shop, How to Master Working Remote, & Why You Should Start a Blog.
- In April, I celebrated another year around the sun & I shared 11 Things I Wish I Knew in My 20’s.
- During the summer, I took a chance on love & moved back to Raleigh to be with Ryan. We drove cross-country which was a bucket list item for me.
- Soon after, we moved into a new place downtown.. finally!
- I also flew back to California twice. Once with my mom who has never been & once for work.
- I collaborated with some awesome brands & shot with some amazing photographers.
- After Thanksgiving, we adopted a pup, Oliver! Willy the pig now has a brother.
- Then December hit. We celebrated Ryan’s 30th & I finally bit the bullet & chopped my hair off!
Now, let’s talk about what’s to come in 2019:
- A new house! Ryan is lucky enough to be building a house here in Raleigh, just a few miles from downtown. It’s gorgeous & nothing excites me more than starting fresh – new furniture, more space, & a freaking yard.
- More content creation. I’ve connected with a few awesome girls here in RDU so we will be shooting more, prepping more, & planning more.
- A lot of travel. We have 3 weddings within 3 months so we will be flying from the east coast to the west coast & back again.
- Quality time with both family & friends. I can’t wait to have the space to host people, whether it’s for a dinner party or weekend stay.
- Start my own business. I have a few ideas & I am hoping & praying they come to fruition in 2019.
I feel like a lot of us go through life wanting more. It happens to me often.. I feel like I’m not doing enough, or I should be doing MORE. But, NYE rolls around & I put together this post (every year) & realize I have done enough, & I’ve done A LOT. I want to thank you for coming back to this blog again & again & supporting me along this crazy ride called life.
I am wishing you nothing but health & happiness in the New Year!