We eloped! It should come as no surprise if you follow me over on Instagram where I’ve been sharing sneak peeks for the last 2 weeks. On November 12th, we did the damn thing and eloped right here in Raleigh at the North Carolina Museum of Art. It was everything I imagined and more. It was beautiful, simple, relaxed, and perfect. It was also a surprise, hehe.
We decided to elope for a few reasons. The main reason is that Ryan and I are simple people. The idea of throwing an elaborate wedding didn’t seem like us. We wanted something that was low-key and allowed us to really soak in the day and the love that surrounds us. We are also knee-deep in renovating our beach house so we are excited to throw the extra money we saved into our renovations. Even though our wedding was small, with 6 people to be exact, I did put extra thought into every single detail and I truly feel like it was an exact representation of us as a couple.
ELOPEMENT DRESS DETAILS
- My beautiful wedding dress is the Cadence dress from BHLDN. I love it so much and plan to hold on to it forever. It did fit pretty perfectly right off the rack but I did get a few alterations done to make it fit like a glove.
- I paired it with this beautiful Twigs and Honey Pearl Halo from BHLDN.
- To tie in the pearls in the head piece, I wore these Organic Pearl Hoops from Mejuri.
- I originally purchased these Loeffler Randal Camellia Heels in blue (my something blue) to wear but they were a bit too tall, so I wore these simple Ivory Nole Heels from Dolce Vita.
- I did my own hair and makeup and they both came out perfectly.
- My bouquet and Ry’s boutineer were designed by Callie from The Foraged South.
- Ryan wore a custom suit from Suit Supply and his shoes are from Johnston and Murphy.
DETAILS OF OUR NORTH CAROLINA ELOPEMENT
- We got ready at home together and snapped pictures in our backyard. It was so important I got pictures with my boy, Ollie!
- We then eloped behind the North Carolina Museum of Art with our parents present. Heidi Gessner was our officiant and she was great!
- After we finished pictures at NCMA, we enjoyed champagne and appetizers back at the house.
- We danced to our wedding song underneath the twinkle lights on our back deck.
- We then enjoyed dinner and cake at Second Empire with our parents.
- I ordered a small custom coconut cake from Hayes Barton (my favorite!) and froze whatever we didn’t finish.
- Both Ollie’s handmade bow-tie and our acrylic cake topper is from Etsy.
- I played this wedding playlist on Spotify for the entire day which set the mood.
- Brett Donar from Brett and Jessica Photography was our photographer and we booked his elopement package. He is a dear friend of ours and I am so lucky he was able to capture our special day.
- Click here for recent blog post featuring a long list of creative and unique ideas for your wedding.
I am so thrilled that a) we eloped and b) that I can now call Ryan my HUSBAND!! I am so excited about what’s to come. If you have any questions about eloping, please do not hesitate to reach out! I love talking about all things wedding with all of you. Stay tuned for a few more elopement-related posts!